Skip to main content
When spending the week about thinking of listening to type, David Carson immediately came to mind. His work in deconstructionism to me screams listening to type. This blog post was found in a book about the work of Carson called "The End Of Print: The Grafik Design of David Carson". It is a design for Fox Sports net. I can just hear the crowd screaming a countdown, can't you? Even though his designs are not for everyone, I like to take a break from the norm time to time and check out his work. The deconstruct of the numbers is what really brought me into this image.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is magazine spread from Yes magazine. It caught my eye with the large red lips on the first page. The article is about a Chinese-American singer-songwriter, actor, producer, and film director. The layout is nicely done with sans serif type. This is the intro paragraph for the article.
From two different magazines I wanted to include these images in my blog because of there well done typography. The treatment that the body text has received is really well done. Something that I didn't realize was so hard to do until I tried it myself.
I really enjoyed the playfulness of the square motif in this magazine spread. I failed to write down where I obtained this layout from. I have noticed a common mixture of serif body type and a sans serif title while looking for blog posts this semester. Something I really did not pay much attention to before this class. The leading in the body copy might be as tight as it can get to remain legible. They might have to do this to keep the angles looking nice for the representation of the square. I really enjoyed the harmonious color scheme in this spread. It makes you feel comfortable and at home.