Skip to main content
Neue Grafik was a shorter lived publication that was issued in mainly three countries. In English Neue grafik translates to "New Graphic Design". Its purpose was to be an international design review publication. It represented the strict philosophy of Swiss design, and even though it has been out of publication for more than 50 years it still is considered an institution of a singular approach to design. I found this image in Graphic Design Referenced by Bryony Gomez-Palacio and Armin Vit. Swiss design has to be one of my favorite design eras that is why it caught my eye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From two different magazines I wanted to include these images in my blog because of there well done typography. The treatment that the body text has received is really well done. Something that I didn't realize was so hard to do until I tried it myself.
This is a AGI Congress and exhibit poster done by Staff Geissbuhler who studied at the Basil School of design. I found this image in the book Graphic Design Referenced by Bryony Gomez-Palacio and Armin Vit. This was chosen by the authors to represent some of Geissbuhler's better works. I found the composition interesting because of its positive and negative spacing. The big bold sans serif type, with the image of the chariot racer and horses makes it intriguing to me. This was designed in 2005.
This is a one page spread that I found in Rolling Stone magazine. It is a informational piece about the bassist Flea from the Red Hot Chile Peppers. I will have to say that I was originally drawn to the article because of the musician, but looking closer I really enjoyed the type treatment especially with the word wrap. There are two typefaces in this article but main type is a quite readable serif. Some might say that there is too much packed into this single page, but I have become accustomed to seeing this in Rolling Stone and I don't really mind it.